Absolutely love the new paths and such, especially the Changeling
A downloadable game
Vespers is a supplement for The Gloaming Diaries, a modern fairytale tabletop roleplaying game. This supplement explores the nature of the fae and their relationship to the Wood, with new elemental magic and human Paths for character creation. It also explores the darklings, the twisted fae of the Vale of Nightmares, and how their homeland connects to all realms including the dreams of humans and beasts.
- Essay about the Wood and its connection to the fae.
- Discussion of dreams, how they connect to other realms, and those who are born there.
- Details about the Vale of Nighmares, the poisoned heart of the Wood, its darkling inhabitants, and their foul Queen of Nightmares
- Darkling character creation rules, including new darkling noble houses
- Nightmare magic, unique to darklings
- Dream and Wood, two new fae magics
- Four new human paths: The Changeling, the Law, the Punk, and the Sleepwalker
- Rules on Heartvenom and Hounds
- Several new perks and two new fighting styles
- Alternate combat rules for the Gloaming Diaries
Notice: This is a supplement, not a complete game. You must have The Gloaming Diaries to make use of this product.
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $10 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Sometimes you just want to be The Bad Guy. Also some neato options for the base game (the Changeling seems like it'll see a fair amount of use).
Between the new perks and paths and the information on creating Darklings, I can't tell whether this supplement is more useful for players or talespinners. It offers so much by providing helpful material to run one of the game's primary antagonists, while throwing in some neat extra choices in for players.
I think this is probably my favorite of the Gloaming Diaries supplements. The new Paths are super fun and the additional lore is so exciting. The Nightmare magic chapter is also pretty cool, the thought that went into it is fantastic.
I love the additional lore that Vespers brings to The Gloaming Diaries. Fleshing out the concept of the Wood really adds richness to the game and helps expand ideas for how fae/darklings/gloamspun view the world. I also love the new paths and the ability to make fully fleshed out darkling characters (and villains) now!